- Web of belief
- A discussion of my beliefs, a good place to start really!
- Only one God?
- Some time ago now, Pete asked me the question – other than John 14:6 (where Jesus said, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.") is there anything in the bible that says that there is only one God, and that Jesus is the only way to God?
- Unity at any cost?
- Jesus prayed for unity among believers (John chapter 17).
- Saving souls?
- I’ve always had an objection to the phrase “saving souls“, this 2 part article
tries to explain why, and suggest a better phrase / attitude.
- Study or prayer?
- My thoughts inspired by an old Jewish proverb, and how it brought
great freedom and relief.
- Twice healed?
- Why did Jesus touch the blind man at Bethsaida twice?
- God is in this?
- Pondering whether God is an active or passive observer in the circumstances of life.
- Whose land?
- A discussion of the Israel / Palestinian situation, asking the question
"Whose land is it?" of the biblical texts.
- Dipping, not drinking.
- Boastful Pride: 1 John 2:15-17
- Examining 1 John 2:15-17, and what it said to me
- 2 distinct groups: 1 John 2:18-28
- Examining 1 John 2:18-28, and what it said to me
- What is "the Gospel"?
- Examining a few facts about the Gospel.
- Lessons in leadership
- Examining issues of leadership by looking at Joshua, crossing the Jordan river into the promised land.
- Wisdom from "other religions"?
- It’s an interesting thing to note the effect of another religion on the Christian faith that we profess.
- Our Motivation
- All my Christian life I have heard preachers speak from 1 Corinthians 13:1-3. It’s a well known and much quoted passage. When I took a poll and asked a group what it was saying the answer came back, as expected, “if I do something without love it’s worthless”. Does the passage actually say that though?
- What words in the original Greek and Hebrew texts get translated into English as "Salvation", and what can we learn from the original meanings?
- Worship (John 4:7-26)
- Volumes of books have been written on the subject. Churches disagree over the form and the style. What is it really? What is it that God really wants?